Why choose a house call veterinarian?
- Many animals do not like to travel. A car ride or placement into a kennel can be a very stressful experience. Performing an exam when the patient is less stressed is ideal for all involved.
- Having multiple pets can mean multiple trips into a clinic or can require extra hands.
- Elderly and disabled people, individuals without access to transportation, and those that are uncomfortable in a clinic setting will benefit.
- Taking time out of your busy schedule to drive to a clinic and wait for an appointment can be difficult. Scheduling a visit when convenient for you is the goal.
- A home visit allows extra time for the veterinarian to spend with you. A traditional clinic allows for 15 minute appointments whereas a housecall allows for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Pets that have mobility or pain issues can be seen in the comfort of their own home.
- Euthanasia in a calm and familiar environment can help both the owner and the pet.
Our fees cannot be published on the website but if you call or e-mail we will happily provide you with the information.
We do accept pet insurance. Please let us know that your pet is insured when you schedule your appointment. The veterinarian can fill out the required paperwork at that time but you will need to have your claim form printed out and ready for your appointment.